Thursday, February 25, 2010

Behr Premium Plus Paint & Primer in one?

Has anyone here used this??? Did you like it?


It's sounds like a great product but I'm finding mixed reviews on-line.





Or, should I just stick w/ my normal Kilz %26amp; Sherwin Williams?Behr Premium Plus Paint %26amp; Primer in one?
When latex was first introduced, it was labeled as the paint that didn't need primer. See how well that worked? I think it would be fine if you are going over latex but for any other uses, I would still go with primer and then paint. That also could be because I'm a stick in the mud and don't like change.Behr Premium Plus Paint %26amp; Primer in one?
FYI-';paint and primer'; is not new, nor is it real. Reading the description from Behr's actual website, it is called a ';self-priming'; paint. This has been around for many years. Don't pay lots extra for something advertised as new when it's not. Almost every other brand of paint has it.

Report Abuse



I've used this product on a severely distressed T%26amp;G patio roof and it worked great. One application by airless and the job was finished.





Unless your painting a light color over dark and/or want to get it covered in one coat ... maybe, it's kinda hard to warrant the expense of 35 bucks a gallon.
I used it. I loved it. I didn't have to prime or anything. One coat would have been plenty, but I went over once more just to be sure. And it didn't take a lot of paint to cover. I think a gallon can cost me about 30 bucks. And I still have ALOT left. Wished I'd gotten a pint instead.
Do they have samples? A lot of paint stores are now giving out samples of the product for you to test before making a bigger purchase. I'd look into seeing if they have samples or not. With mixed reviews I don't think I'd want to spend the money and risk not liking it.





Are you painting the babby's room? I want to know what it's going to look like!








Aw, that sounds nice! Make sure you take pictures! My new baby SIL's room is going to be purple and green. Only a few weeks left!
We loved it. We painted our whole house with that paint, and it turned out beautiful. I give it two thumbs up. We only had to do one coat. So that saved time and money.








I love the colors you picked, they look great together. Good Luck
Painted two rooms in my house with it and love it. It went on very nice. Of course, I was painting over an of white color. Not sure if painting a light color over a dark color will make a difference or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment