Thursday, February 25, 2010

Do I need to primer my yellow house to paint it ';clay';(light brown)?...?

I am painting my house that is currently aluminum siding and I am planning on washing it with a preassure washer do I need to primer it too? do I need to rough up the siding?Do I need to primer my yellow house to paint it ';clay';(light brown)?...?
Do not use a pressure washer. The high pressure will force water behind the siding and if you get too close could even dent. TSP and a scrub brush followed by a clear water rinse with a garden hose. Start at the top and work down. Avoid spraying up, as this could also send water behind the siding.





You need a special primer to paint aluminum siding. Bare aluminum will react with most primers (including general purpose metal primers). Factory paint on aluminum siding is very hard and will not allow new paint to stick. The aluminum primer solves both problems. The primer is usually translucent and smells really bad. The topcoat is applied while the primer is fresh and slightly sticky. You may need to go to a paint store to get it.Do I need to primer my yellow house to paint it ';clay';(light brown)?...?
i would have to say yeah if you expose the bare material it wont bond to it as well it will look great for a while but after a while it will start to crack and chip primer helps bond the paint to the material you are painting so scrap any loose stuff off and prime it and then paint it

No comments:

Post a Comment