Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am trying to paint my car dark primer grey,can i clearcoat that to make it shiny?

I want to paint my car dark primer grey and leave it that color, but i was was wondering if i could put a coat of clearcoat over that to make a smooth dark primer look?I am trying to paint my car dark primer grey,can i clearcoat that to make it shiny?
If you clearcoat it, it takes away from the ';satin'; effect of primer. In effect, your car will be a plain-gray car.





You can spray it with a couple coats satin clear, to give it the rod-in-primer effect, but have the durability of a clear over your primer. If you have the skills, you can take the clearcoat and put some 'gloss killer' in the mix, to kill the shine, prior to putting it in the gun and spraying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment