Thursday, February 25, 2010

I need to paint over cured latex primer?

I have some rough finish wood ,exterior that has been primed with latex primer for several months. The paint store said I need to sand the wood before top coating. I cannot sand it as it is rough sawmill type finish. Should I re-prime and then topcoat?I need to paint over cured latex primer?
Would reccomend repriming as the primer has been left exposed to the elements for to long. When using primer it should be recoated within days.I need to paint over cured latex primer?
Just wash it with TSP then paint I left mine primed a whole winter season...it took the paint fine. Hopefully, you used a good rubberized primer over that course wood.
Wash off dust or dirt and then paint.
  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment