Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Do i have to use a Primer before i paint my model?

I'm painting a scale model, but i've never used a primer %26amp; i want to get the best outcome, but im want to know if giving your model a Coat of Primer really helps?Do i have to use a Primer before i paint my model?
NO, you do not HAVE to use a primer... BUT for a really good finish it is best.





YES, if you prime you want to USE a primer and not regular paint.





Every model-paint brand makes their own primer... but I've been using regular spray enamel primer from the hardware store for YEARS now with no problems.





Primer gives the paint a good surface to adhere to... helps to SHOW you any flaws in the finish and covers putty.





One OTHER hint... I would suggest that you WASH the model parts before building, or after... with gently dish-soap and luke warm water to remove finger-oil and silicon mold-release agent.Do i have to use a Primer before i paint my model?
yes, it would be best to use a primer in order to get a uniform painting surface. the finished product will look much better.
no, regular paint is not primer. My son uses a spray primer. He lays out all pieces and sprays them all at one time.
if you want the best results prime first.

No comments:

Post a Comment