Saturday, February 27, 2010

A wall in my bedroom is pink. How do I paint over it? A primer?

Sounds like pink is one of the toughest colours to paint over. I have to use a white base coat in a corner but the pink still comes out. I want to paint the wall light blue now. How can I do it?A wall in my bedroom is pink. How do I paint over it? A primer?
I always use exterior paint when the old colour 'grins' through. Works for me. .A wall in my bedroom is pink. How do I paint over it? A primer?
The traditional method for covering-up pink paint is to use grey undercoat. I have tried it and it WORKS


I would suggest an oil-bound type as a ';blanker ';, and your normal paint thereafter.


';sensible'; is correct in using Kitz USA as it is not obtainable in UK an alternative shellac-type in UK is ';stopping '; but it could work out very expensive as it only comes in 500 ml bottles, and is used to cover up knot holes to stop ';bleeding';
any colour undercoat before the colour of your choice
I paint for a living and I've never had trouble covering anything (even a dark purple) as long as I use a coat of primer. You only need one good coat. I prefer Killz Primer. Just prime it out, wait for it to dry and your new paint should go on just fine (two coats for even coverage).
roll a couple of coats of WHITE matt emulsion as a blocker works just fine
Two ways, Either line the wall with lining paper or persevere with several coats of a heavy bodied white U/c or Emulsion
white matt emulsion. 3 coats should do
a couple of coats of white should do it....
When changing colors in a room, I always use Kilz Primer/sealer. This gives you a true, non-splochy coat of the new color.
have you tried just painting a small area with the blue paint you want to use, you may need to do a couple off coat but it should cover it.
2 coats of blue will do it. use good quality paint, roller and brush and you will be fine.
I've just turned my kitchen from orange to light cream.... was nearly tearing my hair out after the first 2 coats, but Coat No. 3 did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment