Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Painting my bathroom and I have metal tiles that have been painted, what primer and paint do I need to use?

Hello, the house I live in was built in 1948 and the tiles all around the bathroom and in the shower/bath itself are all painted. I noticed magnets stick to the tiles and asked around and I guess they use to use metal tiles back then? Anyway, they're all painted and I would love to primer and paint them and create a good water seal without the paint chipping or peeling. Any thoughts and experience would be appreciated! :)Painting my bathroom and I have metal tiles that have been painted, what primer and paint do I need to use?
If the existing paintwork is sound, and there is little or no peeling, cracking or flaking, then there is no need for a primer {unless the surface is glossy in which case I would use Zinsser Bulls Eye 123 which sticks to golssy surfaces without the need to abrade the surface, thus saving time}





Make sure the old paint is sound {remove all loose or defective paint}, clean and dry; either dull or primed if glossy, then use a paint like Zinsser Kitchen and Bathroom paint, which should be available from trade outlets.





Painter and decorator
  • guy myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment